For a 2nd year CCSAM is partnering with the Speed Skating, Cycling and Triathlon Provincial Sport Organizations and offering a multi-sport opportunity for existing members ages 8 to 12 (as of December 31, 2020).
Goal: Provide Children and parents with an endurance sports training program that encourages skill and fitness progression, while maintaining the multisport variety that helps keep options open and allows kids to connect with multiple experiences and friends.
Delivery: Program delivery will involve four periods, each assigned to a specific sport as follows:
- Speed Skating – January 28, February 4, and 11
- Cross-Country Skiing – February 18, 25, and March 3
- Cycling (Mountain Bike) – April 21, 28, and May 5
- Triathlon (duathlon) – May 12, 19, and 26
Workouts will take place on Tuesday evenings, in two sessions – the first group will workout from 5:15 – 6:15 pm, with a second group schedule for 6:45 -7:45 pm.
NOTE – Please be sure to register for the session you wish to attend, as it will not be possible to switch times from week to week.
- Speed Skating – Susan Auch Oval at Cindy Klassen Rec Centre
- Cross-Country Skiing – Windsor Park Nordic Centre
- Cycling (Mountain Bike) – Bison Butte Mountain Bike Area
- Triathlon (duathlon) – King’s Park for May 12 & 19 – Birds Hill Park for event on May 26
NOTE – The summer locations are subject to whatever our spring delivers. If these areas are too wet, alternatives will be found which are as convenient as possible.
Equipment: Program participants will need to have continued access to a mountain bike (in good working condition) and certified helmet for this program. It is also important they have suitable clothing for outdoor exercise during the winter months.
Cost: $99 per child (+ tax)
Equipment requirements for each phase will be as follows:
- Speed Skating – Helmet and appropriate clothing. Skates will be provided for those that don’t have their own.
- Cross-Country Skiing – Appropriate clothing. Skis, boots, and poles will be provided for those that don’t have their own.
- Mountain Biking – Appropriate clothing, helmet and mountain bike
- Duathlon – Appropriate clothing, helmet and mountain bike
The program is based in Winnipeg and offers athletes 4 different sport opportunities and new skills to aid in their athletic development. The endurance sports training will encourage skills and fitness progression while maintaining the multi-sport variety that helps keep options open and allow the participant to connect with multiple experiences and friends.
Program is limited to 40 athletes and registration is on a first-come, first-served basis!