Please donate to your favourite trail!
Did you know?
- Most of the best places to ski in Manitoba are maintained exclusively by not-for-profit, volunteer run ski clubs.
- It costs thousands of dollars each year to keep trails cleared, drained, levelled, signed, packed & track set (again and again), snow machines and grooming implements purchased, stored, fuelled & repaired (again and again).
- There is in most cases a minimum trail fee that all skiers should pay and all clubs will very gladly accept donations from satisfied skiers! Find out who is maintaining the trails you enjoy and consider contributing.
Skier sign-in is now required at some trails.
- CCSAM-registered clubs that operate/maintain ski trails are protected by liability insurance from Cross Country Canada (CCC).
- The insurance provider requires all non club members to sign-in prior to skiing.
- Please check for signage and a place to sign-in at the trailhead
Here are a few simple rules to ski by:
|❅ Be aware and ski with care.||❅ Plan your trip and tell a friend.||❅ Check the weather and trail conditions in the area you plan to ski.|
|❅ Choose trails that match your fitness and skill level.||❅ Stay on marked trails and respect the direction of one-way trails.||❅ Dress in moisture-wicking, thermal layers with a wind/water resistant outer layer (shell).|
|❅ Bring water & snacks to stay hydrated and fuelled on the trail.||❅ Change into warm dry clothes after your ski.||❅ Check for trailhead sign-in book & trail fee drop box!|
|❅ When you fall move to the side and out of the way of other skiers||❅ Patch, as well as you can, the divets you make when you fall.|