Team Manitoba at the 2023 Canada Winter Games
February 18 – March 5, 2023
Prince Edward Island
Event Coverage Information
Team Manitoba is sending 207 of the province’s best young athletes, along with 47 coaches, 15 managers, 6 technical support staff, and 22 mission staff to participate at the 2023 Canada Winter Games.
The Canada Games brings together more than 2,000 able-bodied athletes and athletes with physical and intellectual disabilities for the largest amateur multi-sport event in the country. Alternating between winter and summer, they span over 30 different sports to showcase the very best in Canadian sport and spirit.
Keep your eyes on Team Manitoba’s Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter accounts. Official results can be obtained directly from the Canada Games. The online results system provides multiple search features. You can search by an athlete’s name, team name, sport, or city. It also provides a report that sorts results by day, sport and/or event that will be live by February 18.
Cross Country Ski Team
Family fun facts:
- Siblings: Naomi and Ben Wiens from Boundary Trails Nordic (Morden)
- Siblings: Kate and Mia Sawatsky, from Boundary Trails Nordic (Altona)
- Team Manager Pauline Nadlersmith’s two children are both competing – Levi and Imogen. This is Levi’s third Canada Games and Imogen’s second.
- Coach Steven Wintoniw will coach his children Hannah and William.
- Technical support staffer Andrew Vanden Berg is attending with his son William, and his three nephews, Isaiah Vanden Berg, and Hezekiah and Gideon Hoeppner.
- 1 Gold, 2 Bronze – Jesse Bachinsky
- Bronze – Conor McGovern
More history here: https://www.sportmanitoba.ca/team-manitoba/