Sport Manitoba encourages and supports equitable participation and resources for women in sport.
The $500 Women to Watch grant helps female athletes, coaches, sport volunteers, and officials further their chosen sport involvement.
The application deadline is June 15, 2021.
The Canadian Paralympic Committee’s “CONNECTION 2021” program is tailored specifically to women with disabilities who are interested in Para sport. With an all-star female cast of Paralympians, national team athletes, speakers, and hosts ready to engage with female participants, the event aims to ignite the passion for Para sport.
CONNECTION 2021 is open to women ages 16 and older who have a disability, with or without previous sport experience and who are excited to get involved in Para sport. We are also welcoming current or former athletes from all levels aiming to explore a new Paralympic sport or discover a new sport that can complement their main discipline.
The event will be held entirely on Zoom and will consist of two half-day sessions on Saturday, June 5 and Sunday, June 6 (starting at 11:30PM CDT and ending at 4PM CDT on both days).
Interested women can submit their expression of interest by May 15, 2021. The maximum number of participants selected will be 25 and participants must be based in Canada.
Sport Manitoba Coaching Female Mentorship Program is a key initiative dedicated to increasing the number of confident and competent female coaches in all contexts in this province. Equitable representation of gender in leadership roles is beneficial to both women/girls and men/boys. When the gender gap is decreased excellence is achieved, participation is sustained, and sport has a further reach in the community.
The program focuses on working with passionate female coaches as mentees and providing them with knowledgeable and passionate female mentors. These coaches will build a meaningful relationship that will allow the mentee coach to feel supported and encouraged to strive to be the best coach they can be in their context.
- Create a mentorship program for female coaches in Manitoba through meaningful mentee / mentor pairings.
- Provide an online community of practice for mentee coaches to build and enhance their toolkits.
- Provide female coaches from a range of sports and contexts, with the opportunity to learn from other knowledgeable coaches across the province.
- Enhance the coaching pool of Manitoba coaches that are qualified and have the tools to coach at their desired contexts, from Fundamentals to Train to Train (Grassroots – Comp Dev)
- Create relationships amongst coaches that are lasting and supportive, allowing for the sustainability of our current female coaches throughout the province.
Application deadline: April 30th