The Manitoba Foundation for Sports Scholarship, Princess Royal Pan Am Scholarship, and the Coaching Manitoba Bursary Applications are due by Friday, May 17, 2019.
New this year – TrueSport’s Lyle Makosky Values and Ethics in Sport Fund (PDF) is accepting applications until Tuesday, April 30, 2019.
More information here: www.sportmanitoba.ca/scholarships
The Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries Small Capital Sponsorship Program is designed to provide support to charitable and non-profit organizations in Manitoba for small capital projects that focus on benefiting the community at large through one or more of the following initiatives:
- projects aimed at economic or sustainable growth;
- support for a healthy lifestyle through physical activity, nutrition and wellness;
- increased access for the community to participate in arts, culture and heritage;
- activities that support youth; and
- activities that focus on the well-being of animals, including pets.
A small capital project under the Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries Small Capital Sponsorship Program is defined as follows:
- A new construction, expansion, renovation, or replacement project for an existing facility or facilities. The project must have a total cost of at least $5,000 and not more than $250,000 over the life of the project. Project costs can include the cost of land, engineering, architectural planning, and contract services needed to complete the project, e.g. community club, skating rink, swimming pool, additions or upgrades to an existing facility.
- The purchase of major equipment (assets) costing at least $5,000 and not more than $250,000 with a useful life of at least five years, e.g. Zamboni, commercial freezer/stove/kitchen.
- A major maintenance or rehabilitation project for existing facilities with a cost of at least $5,000 and not more than $250,000 with a useful life of at least five years, e.g. a new roof for a building, flooring in a community centre, or repair of water damage to a facility.
- Minimum funding under the program is $2,500. Maximum funding under the program is $25,000. Sponsorship funding under the Small Capital Sponsorship Program will generally not exceed 50% of the total project cost.
Ongoing operational funding for a community project is not eligible for this program.
The program is open to organizations and projects that meet the following criteria:
- must be a registered charitable or registered non-profit organization;
- maximize developmental/learning and community involvement opportunities;
- be based in Manitoba or have a Manitoba Division;
- be able to demonstrate sound financial practices;
- provide an obvious benefit to the community;
- provide recognition to Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries for support; and
- be broad based and generally accessible.
DEADLINE: May 22, 2015
Each year, Sport Manitoba awards $25,000 in academic scholarships and bursaries to Manitoba’s athletes and coaches. There is still time to apply, but make sure to get applications in before April 30, 2015!
Sport Manitoba – Scholarships
As well, Coaching Manitoba manages a number of coaching grants and funding programs:
Coaching Development Grants
Women to Watch
Grey Cup Legacy
Find these are MORE on our Sport & Recreation Funding Resources page.