Nordiq Canada Women’s Committee is committed to supporting and helping with female athlete retention in the sport of cross country skiing. The committee recognizes that a major contributing factor to female athlete motivation to stay in sport is the concept of relatedness and a sense of belonging. One of the best ways to increase an athlete’s relatedness is to value and strengthen a positive team culture. Through this grant(s) we are looking to provide teams with the resources they need to improve team culture and create a space where female athletes want to be and want to ski. This grant will help fund a team building project that your team comes up with.
$2000 – 2 grants available (grants awarded will depend on cost of application and discretion)
To be eligible, a nominee(s) must:
- Be a team that includes female athletes or is all female
- Be a club or team registered with Nordiq Canada
- Have the intention of attending races as a team
- Show proof of current and/or plans for future reinvestment into the longevity of female athlete retention at your club or team
- Outline how your team/Club has adapted workouts/camps during Covid to promote athlete connectedness/team motivation?
Interested teams should forward a letter and/or video to the Nordiq Canada’s Women’s Committee that includes the following:
- Identify ski club and/or team
- Outline short and long term athletic goals of your team
- Discuss what makes your team so great!
- How would this grant be used to create and maintain a positive team culture?
- Brief budget outline of the expense(s) of your application idea
- Name of coach and email address (may be contacted to verify application)
- List of events your team/Club plans on organizing or attending this season 2020/2021
- Discuss passion for the sport and any ways your team encourages female athlete retention and how this project will lead to long-term positive team dynamics.
Applications are due by November 30, 2020
Successful applicants will be notified by December 15, 2020 . Grants will be awarded based on creativity, quality, specificity and detail of application as well as longevity of investment into a club or team program (ie. female athletes will benefit for longer than just the present season).
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Allison McArdle, Chair – Women’s Committee