For a 2nd year CCSAM is partnering with the Speed Skating, Cycling and Triathlon Provincial Sport Organizations and offering a multi-sport opportunity for existing members ages 8 to 12 (as of December 31, 2020).
The program is based in Winnipeg and offers athletes 4 different sport opportunities and new skills to aid in their athletic development. The endurance sports training will encourage skills and fitness progression while maintaining the multi-sport variety that helps keep options open and allow the participant to connect with multiple experiences and friends.
Program is limited to 40 athletes and registration is on a first-come, first-served basis!
The cost of the program is $99.00 (+ tax) per athlete.
We are thrilled to announce that in collaboration with XC Ski Nation, Nordiq Canada created a video library of 33 on-snow game tutorials to support the development of youth skiers!
The videos will serve as a great tool for Jackrabbit coaches and CC Learning Facilitators, across Canada!
The videos are on the XC Ski Nation Website, in French and in English, but unlike most of the other videos, these are completely open access.
Information for the Program Coordinators Webinar has been posted to the Nordiq Canada website. Please share with your clubs, coordinators and coaches!
We invite the coordinators from clubs across the country to join us for a forty-five minute online session where we will address the following three broad topics:
* Delivering complete and progressive programs that will keep young skiers challenged and engaged while promoting and enhancing a culture of skiing;
* Identify and examine the materials and strategies available to Program Coordinators to best effectuate their tasks;
* Explore some approaches to managing SDP materials to promote a higher level of engagement and achievement of program goals.
While specifically targeting Program Coordinators, this free and accessible session is by no means restricted. Club administrators and coaches are also invited to attend.
Nous invitons les coordonnateurs des clubs de tout le pays à se joindre à nous pour une séance en ligne de 45 minutes au cours de laquelle nous aborderons les trois grands sujets suivants :
* Offrir des programmes complets et progressifs qui permettront aux jeunes skieurs de demeurer motivés et engagés tout en favorisant et en améliorant la culture du ski ;
* Identifier et examiner le matériel et les stratégies à la disposition des coordonnateurs de programme afin qu’ils puissent mieux accomplir leurs tâches ;
* Explorer certaines approches de gestion du matériel du programme afin de promouvoir un plus haut niveau d’engagement et d’atteinte des objectifs du programme.
Bien qu’elle s’adresse spécifiquement aux coordonnateurs de programme, cette séance gratuite et accessible n’est aucunement restreinte. Les administrateurs de club et les entraîneurs sont également invités à y assister
Many questions arise from parents who are new to cross-country skiing as well as for many of the seasoned veterans.
Parents may not realize how their support can enhance their child’s skiing experience and few may know where to solicit support and information, whether you only wish for your young skier to have fun outdoors in winter or to establish a foundation for your developing athlete.
Cross-Country Canada in partnership with the Coaching Association of Canada, has established an easily accessible coaching development pathway that all cross-country ski coaches must follow.
The starting point is a combination of two online learning courses that can be done from anywhere at the learner’s own pace.
While these courses were specifically developed for aspiring community coaches, many parents (coaches or not) have expressed how useful and valuable taking this training has been for them.
Parents of young skiers inevitably become the coach’s assistants!
Click here to ackowledge the benefits for parents to take the ICC training and how to sign up.