We are thrilled to announce that in collaboration with XC Ski Nation, Nordiq Canada created a video library of 33 on-snow game tutorials to support the development of youth skiers!
The videos will serve as a great tool for Jackrabbit coaches and CC Learning Facilitators, across Canada!
The videos are on the XC Ski Nation Website, in French and in English, but unlike most of the other videos, these are completely open access.
Information for the Program Coordinators Webinar has been posted to the Nordiq Canada website. Please share with your clubs, coordinators and coaches!
We invite the coordinators from clubs across the country to join us for a forty-five minute online session where we will address the following three broad topics:
* Delivering complete and progressive programs that will keep young skiers challenged and engaged while promoting and enhancing a culture of skiing;
* Identify and examine the materials and strategies available to Program Coordinators to best effectuate their tasks;
* Explore some approaches to managing SDP materials to promote a higher level of engagement and achievement of program goals.
While specifically targeting Program Coordinators, this free and accessible session is by no means restricted. Club administrators and coaches are also invited to attend.
Nous invitons les coordonnateurs des clubs de tout le pays à se joindre à nous pour une séance en ligne de 45 minutes au cours de laquelle nous aborderons les trois grands sujets suivants :
* Offrir des programmes complets et progressifs qui permettront aux jeunes skieurs de demeurer motivés et engagés tout en favorisant et en améliorant la culture du ski ;
* Identifier et examiner le matériel et les stratégies à la disposition des coordonnateurs de programme afin qu’ils puissent mieux accomplir leurs tâches ;
* Explorer certaines approches de gestion du matériel du programme afin de promouvoir un plus haut niveau d’engagement et d’atteinte des objectifs du programme.
Bien qu’elle s’adresse spécifiquement aux coordonnateurs de programme, cette séance gratuite et accessible n’est aucunement restreinte. Les administrateurs de club et les entraîneurs sont également invités à y assister
Many questions arise from parents who are new to cross-country skiing as well as for many of the seasoned veterans.
Parents may not realize how their support can enhance their child’s skiing experience and few may know where to solicit support and information, whether you only wish for your young skier to have fun outdoors in winter or to establish a foundation for your developing athlete.
Cross-Country Canada in partnership with the Coaching Association of Canada, has established an easily accessible coaching development pathway that all cross-country ski coaches must follow.
The starting point is a combination of two online learning courses that can be done from anywhere at the learner’s own pace.
While these courses were specifically developed for aspiring community coaches, many parents (coaches or not) have expressed how useful and valuable taking this training has been for them.
Parents of young skiers inevitably become the coach’s assistants!
Click here to ackowledge the benefits for parents to take the ICC training and how to sign up.
Cross Country Canada invites all Jackrabbit and Bunnyrabbit to participate in designing the 2018 Jackrabbit Toque, which will be worn by 10,500 Jackabbit and Bunnyrabbit skiers accross Canada!
This year, we’re adding a special theme! We would like to see designs that inspire you and all your Jackrabbits friends to cross-country ski and to always try your best! But also a design that will inspire Team Canada competing at the 2018 Olympic & Paralympic Games in South Korea!
Team Canada got inspired by the sport of cross-country skiing when they first learned as Jackrabbits, and maybe one day you could be at the Games too!
Send us your designs by March 6th, 2017 at Noon MST!
Here is the template for your design: http://bit.ly/2ji3ayd
Photo: 2017 JR Toque worn proudly by a Newfoundland Jackrabbit / A.Poole, Airport Nordic
The criteria for entering in the contest are as follows:
- Contestants must be currently enrolled in a CCC Jackrabbit or Bunnyrabbit program
- Contestants must be between the ages of 5-9.
Selection process and timelines:
- Contest runs from January 16th – March 6th 2017.
- Designs should be submitted to Eva Hornyansky at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 6th, 2017 at Noon MST.
- Cross Country Canada will select 10 final designs and post them on the CCC Facebook page for you to vote on. The voting period will run from March 6th – 12th, 2017 at Noon MST.
- Remember to join CCC’s Facebook page<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cross-Country-Canada-Ski-de-fond-Canada/138553616175807?ref=hl> to ‘vote for your favourite Jackrabbit design’
- Announcement of the ‘winning’ toque design will be posted on CCC’s Facebook Page on March 13th, 2017.
Good Luck and have fun!