Best of luck to our Manitoba team competing at the 2019 Haywood NorAm Eastern Canadian Championships this weekend near Collingwood, ON.
The Haywood NorAm Eastern Canadian Championships take place Feb 1 – 3, 2019
- Aaron Warkentine – Boundary Trails Nordic
- Casey Nelson – Red River Nordic
- Elise Hummelbruner – Kenora Nordic
- Emma Malkoske – Red River Nordic
- Imogen Nadlersmith – Downtown Nordic
- Mattias Klassen – Boundary Trails Nordic
- Shayna Hensrud – Kenora Nordic
- Tessa Warkentine – Boundary Trails Nordic
- Torin Firth – Red River Nordic
- Megan Carter
- Pauline Nadlersmith
- Steven Wintoniw
- Corey Kolbuck
- Tracy Munn
Preparations are underway to send teams of Manitoba athletes to the following events this season.
- Early Snow Camp– Silver Star, Vernon, BC December 2 – 11, 2018. Deadline: October 1st, 2018
- Ontario Cup– Lappe Nordic, Thunder Bay, ON January 4 – 6, 2019.
- Eastern Canadian Championships– Highlands Nordic, Duntroon, ON January 30 – February 3, 2019.
- National Championships– Nakkertok, Gatineau, ON March 10 – 21, 2019
The Provincial Development Program is seeking applications from everyone interested in leading and assisting with the teams this season. We need:
- Coaches – Lead, Assistant & Apprentice
- Wax technicians
Team Trip Support Staff Expression of Interest – 2018-19
Fillable Application Form
Deadline: October 15th, 2018
(except Early Snow Camp)
Hello ski race fans!
Our Manitoba Cup season opener was supposed to rock the Windsor Park Nordic Centre this Sunday but conditions there are just not great.
Kenora has beautiful snow and a crack team of groomers and volunteers and they have offered to host the race at their house…
THANK YOU Kenora Nordic & Biathlon Club!!
Here are some rough details to start. A Zone4 online registration link should go live sometime tomorrow.
PLEASE REGISTER ONLINE BY MIDNIGHT SATURDAY.
Check the EVENT calendar for updates and registration link.
Race time – 1:00 PM Sunday December 17th
Mount Evergreen Ski Club – 120 Mt. Evergreen Rd, Kenora, ON
Technique – Free Technique (but a classic track will not be guaranteed). Mass start per category.
All others 5km – 7.5km ( groomer to confirm by Friday)
Bib pick up (chalet loft) – 11:30 AM
Coaches meeting – 12:00 PM
Contact: Ursula email@example.com
KNBC wax hut will be available but big garage not.
Chalet fully open with kitchen running.
Downhill and tubing available for family and siblings!
CCSAM is now accepting applications for the 2019 Canada Winter Games Cross Country Ski Team Support Staff.
2019 CANADA WINTER GAMES
FEBRUARY 23 – MARCH 3, 2019 (2nd Phase)
RED DEER, ALBERTA
The CCSAM High Performance Committee (HPC) will select a support team of up to 5 individuals to travel with the 10 CCSAM athletes selected to compete in the 2015 Canada Winter Games:
- 1 Male Coach + 1 Female Coach
- 1 Para Nordic Coach
- 1 Wax Technician
- 1 Manager
The HPC will select the support team based on merit, ability and willingness to carry out the required duties leading up to and including the Games.
Preparing for the 2019 Games
The selected Coaches will be expected to:
- Assist the HPC with the identification and selection of team athletes,
- Cooperate with club & personal coaches in the development and implementation of athlete training programs and competition plans leading up to the Games,
- Assist club & personal coaches with the monitoring and evaluation of core team athletes leading up to the Games.
- At least one Coach must be Comp Dev (Certified status) by November 2018. All others must be Comp Dev (Trained).
The selected Wax Technician will be responsible for evaluating the contents of the team wax kit and recommending acquisitions.
The Manager will be responsible for liaising with identified athletes and their parents, support team, the HPC & Sport MB in all areas pertaining to Games preparation.
Honorariums will be negotiated.
All selected individuals must undergo a Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry check or produce copies of recent checks (less than 3 years old).
All selected individuals must complete the Respect in Sport online program.
All selected individuals must read & understand the 2019 Canada Winter Games Technical Package as published for Cross Country Skiing & Para Nordic.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 1, 2017