- This event has passed.
Provincial Development Program Fall Training Camp
October 6, 2018 - October 7, 2018
Here are some of the details of the camp to know ahead…once I have a list of signed up athletes from Zone 4 I will send a detailed “what to bring list”…
Dates – October 6 -7, 2108
Cost – $85 for the weekend
Accommodation – Mt. Evergreen ski club – need sleeping mats or air mattress’, girls will be in one area boys in another and there is always the options to bring a tent and sleep outside! There is a large cleared area for several tents. There are no showers in this facility so you’ll either have to bird bath in the washrooms or if weather permitting we can do a chilly dip in Rabbit Lake post workouts!
Food – meals provided are Saturday lunch/dinner, Sunday breakfast, and a snack/lunch before departure – possible leftover from dinner.
Brief Itinerary – Start time will be 9 a.m – meeting at Garrow Park – address to follow post sign up
– morning will be a roller ski agility session – with a fun skills competition! Possibly a dbl pole sprint race included.
– move to Mt. Evergreen for lunch – some may want an easy 5km run for more volume – others will be transported.
– afternoon will be ski walk/stride/run sessions – will include many hill climbs for intervals – with long trail walk to recover and trail run
– yoga either later afternoon or post dinner
– dinner –
– athlete sharing – whats after high school – we have 2 university skiers available for advice
– evening snack – fire –
– Sunday – breakfast –
– morning stretch yoga – pre run
– group warm up
– timed trail run – different distances for age appropriate – 4-5km or 8 – 10km
– cool down
– snack/lunch, camp debrief, departure
Hope we can get a great group together!!
Parents welcome to come and stay – always need some extra hands and night time supervisors would be awesome!