- This event has passed.
Bittersweet Ski Day
February 16, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Skiers young and old are invited to come to the Bittersweet Ski Day on February 16, Sunday of the Louis Riel weekend. This is a day for families, for fun, for socializing, and even for good food!
Ski Day Details
• Course opens at 9 AM and closes at 4:30 PM
• The Terrain Park will be open all day at the Nordic Centre
• Skate and Classic trails are separated, so do not plan to skate and classic together.
• Skiers must sign in when arriving and sign out at the end of their ski.
• Hill Billy Tours 10am, 12pm, 2pm
• Poker Derby 12 – 3pm
Lunch and Refreshments provided.
• Chili and a bun
• Something sweet
• Hot Chocolate, Coffee and Tea
Poker Derby, 12:00 pm – 3pm
• Ski approximately 8 km on easy trails to three predetermined locations to draw 2nd, 3rd and 4th card. 1st & 5th card to be drawn at the Nordic Centre.
• $5/1 hand, $10/3 hands
• Hands may also be purchased for those not wishing to ski.
• Prizes awarded for best poker hands: 1st place (25% of proceeds), 2nd place (15%) & 3rd place (10%)
• Door prizes for participants
Hill Billy Tours
• Please join us for a guided ski through some of our hillier trails.
• Tours run at 10:00 am, 12:00 pm and 2:00 pm.
Come for an hour, or come for the day!