Contrary to popular belief no one is a “natural born athlete” – Canadian Sport For Life
Sport Canada has produced a guidebook for the purpose of educating the public about the development of good physical literacy skills in children, Developing Physical Literacy – A Guide for Parents of Children Ages 0 to 12 is available from CCSAM or your local club for $1 per booklet.
Sport Canada has also produced a small booklet, A Sport Parent’s Guide, for the purpose of educating parents and providing some guidance as to what they can do to improve the physical activity and sporting experiences of their children. Printed copies are $1 per booklet. Supplies may be ordered from CCSAM or your club.
- LTAD Information for Parents – NCCP pdf
- Tips for Parents: Canadian Sport for Life website
- Physical Literacy Information for Parents: PHE Canada website
- The Sport Information Research Centre produces an electronic newsletter. This link is to the October 2009 issue: Sport Parents
- Active For Life website
- Introduction to Physical Literacy – 4 page pdf