Latest High Performance News – CCSAM News Archives
The CCSAM High Performance Program is a comprehensive program designed to promote excellence in the sport of cross country skiing in Manitoba. To this end, training, testing, and competition guidelines outlined in Cross Country Canada’s Long Term Athlete Development model will be followed.
CCSAM is committed to the continued development and implementation of an athlete development system in Manitoba that will provide support to clubs, club coaches and club athletes in the pursuit of high performance sport excellence. The program is intended to function within the existing club-based system and will include components to foster coach development at training camps and at competitions.
- The CCSAM HPP is for athletes in the Train to Train through Train to Win stages of development (Masters athletes are not eligible).
- Train to Train athletes are typically at least 12 years of age (for boys) or 11 years of age (for girls) and racing in the Midget category.
- This program is not for beginners but for athletes who have raced at least 1 full season and are committed to an annual training & competition plan managed by a personal &/or club coach.
- Athletes and parents should consult with their club coach to discuss whether or not registration in the HPP is appropriate.
- Athletes must register online via the Zone4 web link provided below.
- All athletes must also be registered members in good standing of a registered CCSAM club.
- All athletes competing in the Juvenile through Senior categories and planning to race in nationally sanctioned (CCC Tier 1 or Tier 2) events, such as Nationals, Westerns, Easterns, some Ontario Cups & Alberta Cups, need to purchase or renew their CCC race license here: https://store.cccski.com/apps.asp CCC LICENSES EXPIRE JULY 1st. DO NOT PURCHASE OR RENEW BEFORE THIS DATE.
- Athletes must read and understand the Athlete Registration and Agreement (Code of Conduct).
- There is no deadline for registration; however, please note that the ski season begins with dryland training in the spring. For planning, logistics & communications reasons we ask that athletes register by May 1st each year.
- CCSAM High Performance Program 2016-2017
- HPP 2016-2017 Athlete Record
- Athlete Expression of Interest (EOI)
- Coach/Manager/Wax Tech Expression of Interest
- CCSAM Sport Performance Plan 2013 – 2015
- Percent Behind Winner – Results spreadsheet
- Athlete Agreement – What you’ll sign when you register
- Race Categories – 2018 Competitive Season
- Fitness Testing Policy & Procedures – Information resource for conducting CCC national strength & critical speed testing standards.
- CCC Strength Testing Protocol and Standards – updated October 2011
- CCC Critical Speed benchmarks
- CCC Critical Speed Test protocol