|CROSS COUNTRY SKI ATHLETE & COACH
|Athlete Age||LTAD Stage||NCCP Context|
|23 +/- males
23 +/- females
|Training to Win
High Performance (CCHP)
|20-23 +/- males
19-23 +/- females
|Training to Compete
Development – Advanced Gradation (CDAG)
|16-20 +/- males
15-19 +/- females
|Learning to Compete
|Training to Train
Introduction Advanced (CCI-advanced – T2T)
|Learning to Train
Introduction (CCI – L2T)
National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP)
Coaching workshops are mandatory for people interested in coaching club athletes from Jackrabbits to High Performance. Why is coach training mandatory?
“Every athlete is entitled to competent coaching”
- Minimum Mandatory Coaching Qualifications – established by Cross Country Canada.
- Maintenance of Coach Certification
- The Locker – Check your coaching certification and more!
- NCCP Equivalency Policy – October 2014
- Minimum Age policy
Respect in Sport – Every coach in Manitoba must complete this online certification course.
More Coaching Resources
- Coach Connections – Excellent source of information from Cross Country Canada. Click the link to view the archives. Add your email to the list!
- Coach Recognition programs – Global’s Coach of the Month etc.
- Coaching Grants – from CCSAM, Coaching MB & Cross Country Canada
- Sport Support Line – 1-877-737-9875
- Coaching Manitoba – the Coaching Unit of Sport Manitoba
- Coach.ca – Coaching Association of Canada
- Sport Medicine & Science Council of Manitoba