Athlete & Coach Development Progression
|Athlete Age||LTAD Stage||NCCP Context|
|23 +/- males|
23 +/- females
|Training to Win|
High Performance (CCHP)
|20-23 +/- males|
19-23 +/- females
|Training to Compete|
Development – Advanced Gradation (CDAG)
|16-20 +/- males|
15-19 +/- females
|Learning to Compete|
|Training to Train|
Introduction Advanced (CCI-advanced – T2T)
|Learning to Train|
Introduction (CCI – L2T)
National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP)
Coaching workshops are mandatory for people interested in coaching club athletes from Jackrabbits to High Performance. Why is coach training mandatory?
“Every athlete is entitled to competent coaching”
- Minimum Mandatory Coaching Qualifications – established by Cross Country Canada.
- Maintenance of Coach Certification
- The Locker – Check your coaching certification and more!
- NCCP Equivalency Policy – October 2014
- Minimum Age policy
Respect in Sport – Every coach in Manitoba must complete this online certification course.
More Coaching Resources
- Coach Connections – Excellent source of information from Cross Country Canada. Click the link to view the archives. Add your email to the list!
- Coach Recognition programs – Global’s Coach of the Month etc.
- Coaching Grants – from CCSAM, Coaching MB & Cross Country Canada
|Sport Support Line – 1-877-737-9875 For Abuse, Harassment, Bullying or Hazing in Sport|
Our toll-free sport support line is responded to 365 days of the year. In Manitoba, the law requires that anyone who suspects a child may be in danger must report their concerns. The Sport Support Line can assist you in making that report. For any suspected incidents of abuse, harassment, bullying, and hazing, call 1-877-737-9875 immediately.
- Coaching Manitoba – the Coaching Unit of Sport Manitoba
- Coach.ca – Coaching Association of Canada
- Sport Medicine & Science Council of Manitoba