February 24, 2021 from 7:00pm – 8:00pm (via Zoom)
This session will identify the way in which Sport Manitoba sees Safe Sport. Learn what has already been done in the areas of concussion and physical safety, and what is on the horizon for emotional and mental safety.
Participants can expect an interactive and engaging session including an opportunity to share their own perspective.
This is a FREE PD opportunity! Coaches will receive 1 PD point for attending. Please email email@example.com to register!
Over the next 6 weeks, Nordiq Canada National Team Coach, Para-Nordic Robin McKeever will be demonstrating 2 weekly workout adaptations and providing some hot technical tips for skiers!
Each week, we ask our athletes, coaches and clubs to post pictures doing the workout and tag @nordiqcanada #nordiqcanada for a chance to win some Nordiq Swag!
How to Participate:
1. Watch the videos each week
2. Try the workout
3. Take a pic
Original Instagram post here.
Videos up on Nordiq Canada YouTube Channel
Thanks to Nordiq Canada, the online Intro to Community Coaching workshop and Community Coaching workshops are now available at no cost!
Between now and January 15th, 2021 there is NO FEE for the Intro to Community Coaching (ICC)
workshop in the e-Learning section of The Locker: https://thelocker.coach.ca/
You must first complete the Coach Initiation in Sport
e-Learning module to gain access to the ICC. That $15 fee cannot be waived but if you create an account with Decathlon Community
you will receive a discount code for $3 off.
Register now for a FREE Community Coaching workshop.
Saturday December 12th
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Registrants will receive the Zoom invite from Learning Facilitator Kenton Frith.
This is a virtual workshop to complete the classroom components of the Community Coaching context. There will be an on-snow component to complete at a later date TBD.
Registration deadline: Wed Dec 9th at midnight.
But don’t wait to register as there is HOMEWORK to do prior to the workshop.
Link to course materials will be sent to you after you register.
September 19 – 27, 2020, marks the Sixth Annual National Coaches Week and we’re asking everyone across Canada to help celebrate with us!
FREE Online Courses Through the Locker (eLearning)
FREE NCCP Online Courses for Manitoba Coaches Through Sport Manitoba Coaching
- Sunday, Sept. 20 from 6 pm-10 pm – NCCP Make Ethical Decisions
- Monday, Sept. 21 from 6 pm-9 pm – NCCP Leading Drug Free Sport
- Tuesday, Sept. 22 from 8 pm-9 pm – Canada Games Coaches (Closed Session)
- Wednesday, Sept. 23 from 5 pm-9:30 pm – NCCP Managing Conflict
- Wednesday, Sept. 23 from 10 am-11:30 am – Supporting your coaches! (Non-NCCP)
- Thursday, Sept. 24 from 8 pm-9:30 pm – Female Mentorship Kick-Off (Closed Session – Zoom)
- Sunday, Sept. 27 from 9 am-1 pm – NCCP Managing a Sport Program
FREE In-Person NCCP/PD Courses for Manitoba Coaches
- Sunday, Sept. 20 from 9 am-12:30 pm – Basic Taping
- Monday, Sept. 21 from 9 am-4:30 pm – NCCP Mentorship
- Friday, Sept. 25 from 5:00 pm – 7pm – Leadership Philosophy Sharing Circle & Traditional Games hosted by MASRC
- Saturday, Sept. 26 from 9 am-4 pm – Aboriginal Coaching Module hosted by MASRC
All online and in-person courses listed above are FREE to Manitoba coaches during National Coaches Week. Anyone who takes a course throughout the week will be entered into a draw for prize packs.
To register, please email Sport Manitoba Coaching’s Coach Education Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org.
Limited spots available.
You can also visit the Sport Manitoba Coaching News & Events page for a list of free NCCP courses offered during National Coaches Week.