September 19 – 27, 2020, marks the Sixth Annual National Coaches Week and we’re asking everyone across Canada to help celebrate with us!
FREE Online Courses Through the Locker (eLearning)
FREE NCCP Online Courses for Manitoba Coaches Through Sport Manitoba Coaching
- Sunday, Sept. 20 from 6 pm-10 pm – NCCP Make Ethical Decisions
- Monday, Sept. 21 from 6 pm-9 pm – NCCP Leading Drug Free Sport
- Tuesday, Sept. 22 from 8 pm-9 pm – Canada Games Coaches (Closed Session)
- Wednesday, Sept. 23 from 5 pm-9:30 pm – NCCP Managing Conflict
- Wednesday, Sept. 23 from 10 am-11:30 am – Supporting your coaches! (Non-NCCP)
- Thursday, Sept. 24 from 8 pm-9:30 pm – Female Mentorship Kick-Off (Closed Session – Zoom)
- Sunday, Sept. 27 from 9 am-1 pm – NCCP Managing a Sport Program
FREE In-Person NCCP/PD Courses for Manitoba Coaches
- Sunday, Sept. 20 from 9 am-12:30 pm – Basic Taping
- Monday, Sept. 21 from 9 am-4:30 pm – NCCP Mentorship
- Friday, Sept. 25 from 5:00 pm – 7pm – Leadership Philosophy Sharing Circle & Traditional Games hosted by MASRC
- Saturday, Sept. 26 from 9 am-4 pm – Aboriginal Coaching Module hosted by MASRC
All online and in-person courses listed above are FREE to Manitoba coaches during National Coaches Week. Anyone who takes a course throughout the week will be entered into a draw for prize packs.
To register, please email Sport Manitoba Coaching’s Coach Education Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org.
Limited spots available.
You can also visit the Sport Manitoba Coaching News & Events page for a list of free NCCP courses offered during National Coaches Week.
While all of the in-class courses have been cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have some valuable resources available for coaches to continue their education and training online.
Head to the Sport Manitoba Coaching website below to review an upcoming schedule of online courses and professional development opportunities!
EXPLORE ONLINE COURSES
Scholarship Intake 2020
Manitoba, its partners, as well as local and national philanthropists offer a number of scholarships annually, with the shared goal of highlighting athletic success and providing opportunities for those involved in sport to continue growing within their chosen discipline.
The scholarship intake for 2020 is now open! Applications are due by May 15, 2020.
The situation respecting the current pandemic continues to change quickly as it affects the activities of Nordiq Canada National, Divisions, clubs and members. It is expected that updated restrictions and recommendations published by your local public health authority, the Government of Canada and other authorities are followed.
There are a number of activities and events that were pre-approved and/or issued Certificates of Insurance before this emergency arose. Local and national public heath guidance may impact whether those pre-approvals and certificates remain valid.
Many clubs are considering how to tailor training to at-home or other environments. Our insurers remind you to:
- Use Common sense
- Tailor coaching/expert guidance to age and ability
- Keep a record or training log – both athlete and coach/trainer
- Do not do or recommend what you would not do under normal circumstances
- Stay within the coach/trainer skill level as well as the ability level of the group you are advising
- Obey and follow all local, provincial and federal rules, regulations and guidelines
- Exercise extreme caution with use of weights or other equipment or apparatus – there is no shortcut
- Ensure you are following the principles of safety in sport as you adapt training; For example, think about how you would apply the principles of the Rule of Two in a video-conferenced training environment
- The Sport Medicine Advisory Committee’s regular updates also include training guidance: Update #12 Advisory on COVID-19
Please see this full list of requirements to be covered under our general liability policy.
Clubs and coaches, make sure you are accessing the Government of Canada’s financial and economic support programs as you need them. Several provinces, territories and municipalities have additional programs.