The Canadian Association of Nordic Ski Instructors (CANSI) is a non-profit organization designed to promote and advance the sport of cross country skiing in Canada through the provision of high quality instruction.
CANSI strives to promote a positive and proactive approach to the teaching of cross country skiing skills through lesson planning and instruction.
Learn to Ski (or ski better!)
There are many opportunities to receive CANSI instruction in Manitoba:
- The Windsor Park Nordic Centre in Winnipeg offers a Learn to Ski program throughout the ski season.
- Many club’s offer adult ski instruction. Contact your local club to inquire.
- Some local retailers employ CANSI instructors and offer ski lessons after you purchase a pair of skis.
- Contact CANSI today to coordinate a visit to your facility this winter and get your community skiing!
Danielle (Central Region Coordinator) — 204-772-2535
- Nordic Ski Lab’s free videos (there are also many other videos available by subscription)
- First lesson plan for absolute beginners (highly recommended)
- Instructional DVDs from XC Zone
Become a CANSI Instructor
CANSI offers four levels of certification in Cross Country techniques and three in Telemark. Advancement through the levels in both areas marks a progression in an individual’s ability to teach more advanced or expert skiers.
- Register for CANSI certification courses at cansi.ca.
- CANSI instructors must renew their CANSI membership annually online at cansi.ca.
- CANSI instructors who have not paid their dues for three consecutive seasons will be required to retest both their skiing and teaching (attend a Refresher course) in order to be reinstated as an active member
- CANSI Central courses.
NOTE: Course schedule is subject to change. Confirm with Danielle or cansi.ca .