Annual General Meeting of Members
Saturday, October 24, 2020
Zoom meeting: Club President’s have been sent the meeting link, ID & passcode. Please contact your club or the CCSAM Office for details.
All members of our ski community are welcome to attend.
Please see the note below regarding voting rights.
Club Reports: For information sharing purposes only. Club reports will be shared with all AGM attendees and posted with other documents on the CCSAM website. If you would like your club report included please submit it to the CCSAM office no later than Thursday October 22, 2020. Please submit your reports by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your club report may consist of anything you like. Here are some ideas:
- Statement of the club’s 2019-20 membership, i.e. number of registered members/participants, number of Jackrabbits, number of registered coaches/instructors/tour leaders and their certification levels, etc.
- Description of club activities in 2019-20 i.e. programs offered, workshops coordinated, trips taken, facilities maintained, grants received, etc.
- Other club activities and any other information you would like to share.
AGM Voting Rights: Each current Member Club* in good standing is entitled to 1 vote at the AGM. If the Club President is not able to attend the AGM then a club representative must present a Proxy form.
*Current Member Clubs are clubs that registered with, and paid club/membership dues to CCSAM in the previous (2019-2020) season.
Sadly, we were unable to hold our annual Awards Banquet last month but that didn’t stop the nominations process!
Congratulations to the following CCSAM members who are the winners of this year’s awards:
Kenton Frith – Coach of the Year
Chris Roe – Sport Builder
Lin-P’ing Choo Smith & Doug Smith – Volunteers of the Year
Also nominated: Pauline Nadlersmith, Julie Brodeur, Floyd Reichel, Lorene Mann-Baxter
Mariko Boorberg & Garrick Wiens and Ben, Naomi, Anika, Paul, James and Joshua – Family of the Year
Turtle Mountain Ski Club – Club of the Year
Levi Warkentine – Senior Skier of the Year
Honourable mentions to: Cam Roe, Simon Giasson, Jesse Bachinsky
Imogen Nadlersmith & Aaron Warkentine – Junior Skiers of the Year
Mia Sawatsky & William Vanden Berg – Juvenile Skiers of the Year
Susanne Hill & Murray Carter – Masters Skiers of the Year
Ben Wiens – Most Improved Skier of the Year
Andy Dwilow & Kristin Madsen – Special Recognition & Thanks for their work on the Selection Committee (ski team selections)
Laurie Penton – Chair’s Award for Sports Excellence
Sport Manitoba Order of Sport Excellence – our 2020 Provincial Champions
The situation respecting the current pandemic continues to change quickly as it affects the activities of Nordiq Canada National, Divisions, clubs and members. It is expected that updated restrictions and recommendations published by your local public health authority, the Government of Canada and other authorities are followed.
There are a number of activities and events that were pre-approved and/or issued Certificates of Insurance before this emergency arose. Local and national public heath guidance may impact whether those pre-approvals and certificates remain valid.
Many clubs are considering how to tailor training to at-home or other environments. Our insurers remind you to:
- Use Common sense
- Tailor coaching/expert guidance to age and ability
- Keep a record or training log – both athlete and coach/trainer
- Do not do or recommend what you would not do under normal circumstances
- Stay within the coach/trainer skill level as well as the ability level of the group you are advising
- Obey and follow all local, provincial and federal rules, regulations and guidelines
- Exercise extreme caution with use of weights or other equipment or apparatus – there is no shortcut
- Ensure you are following the principles of safety in sport as you adapt training; For example, think about how you would apply the principles of the Rule of Two in a video-conferenced training environment
- The Sport Medicine Advisory Committee’s regular updates also include training guidance: Update #12 Advisory on COVID-19
Please see this full list of requirements to be covered under our general liability policy.
Clubs and coaches, make sure you are accessing the Government of Canada’s financial and economic support programs as you need them. Several provinces, territories and municipalities have additional programs.