Have you ever thought about becoming a nationally certified cross country ski instructor?
If you are passionate about skiing, want to continue to improve your technique, and want to help new, beginner or intermediate skiers to ski with confidence, becoming a certified instructor could be the right fit for you!
Perks of becoming a certified Level 1 Ski Instructor with Canadian Association of Nordic Ski Instructors (CANSI) include:
- Improving your technique and teaching ability through the course
- Insurance coverage included with your annual membership
- Access to fantastic professional development workshops locally with coaching by experienced instructors
- Opportunities to join national CANSI courses
- A reward each lesson when you see skiers improve while enjoying being outdoors on the snow.
There is a huge demand for ski instructors each winter at Windsor Park Nordic Centre. Only CANSI certified instructors are able to teach at the facility, and are paid an hourly fee for group and semi-private lessons taught throughout the winter, another perk!
This winter, there will be a CANSI Level I certification course at Windsor Park Nordic Centre on January 7 and 21, 2023 (plus some on-line sessions). This course occurs only every few years, so take advantage of this opportunity!
If you are uncertain about your skiing ability or want more information about CANSI, come out to our CANSI Meet Up and Info Session at Windsor Park Nordic Centre on Saturday, December 17 at 1:00 pm.
Contact Ken Schykulski at firstname.lastname@example.org to register or for any CANSI-related questions!